"...how much more shall the Heavenly Father give to them that ask."

Luke 11:1-13 "...how much more shall the Heavenly Father give to them that ask."

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Project Update

Hello to all of you who are following this project!  Here's a quick update:  I have moved into an apartment in Shelby.  I still don't have all of my stuff from storage, just an air mattress, my bags of clothes that I packed for the move, my hanging clothes which road around in my truck for a week :), my TVs (which originally went to my office which is why I had access to them) and the few boxes of food that I could get to in the storage unit.  Tomorrow I have a basketball player from GWU helping move the rest of the stuff that I still need from storage (e.g., washer and dryer and a bed, at least...oh yeah, and pots and pans)... He's a 7'er from Australia... should be able to throw the w/d in the truck!! LOL

I closed on the house Monday... it's all mine!!  The attorney could not believe what I was purchasing the house for and thought there was some sort of Catch 22 to it.  But assured him all was above board and that I was just getting a good deal (God does things like that!).  I pulled my permit on Tuesday and was all cleared to begin construction.  I have met with a plumber who will help me do the job for half of what I had in my bid to the bank... again, God is good! 

Today I went through the whole house with the pest control guys and we will get everything treated next week.  There were some small indications of termites, so the WHAMMY will be put on when I see the bug guys next.  Oh yeah, and we went on a wasp war today, killing probably over 20 active nests in the house... the main guy got stung 3 times when he accidentally touched a nest.  OUCH!  After that I went and bought my first round of materials to begin the first project... extra support for the back of the house.  I'll keep you posted on that project in my next post.

Coming soon:  international workers to remove grass, piers go in under the house, bush-hogging and grading (unfortunately there go the blackberries, fortunately so do the snakes), and much, much more.

till next time,
Shonna 

No comments:

Post a Comment