"...how much more shall the Heavenly Father give to them that ask."

Luke 11:1-13 "...how much more shall the Heavenly Father give to them that ask."

Sunday, July 18, 2010

All Clean

So Friday night and Saturday were big cleaning days.  Friday night the cleaning began with the exterminator meeting me out at the house at 8:30 pm to get the wasp nest.  You have to wait until night time so that all of the wasps/hornets come back to the nest and you get them all in one shot.  We tried to save the nest so we could have it as a souvenir but it was too stuck to the honeysuckle and it ripped when we tried to get it out.  This nest definitely could have killed someone.  

Here is Neal getting his gear on.  He has one of the bee keepers head nets in his hand and 4 cans of wasp spray in his back pockets.


He started spraying around 8:45.  He is only about 3 ft from the nest.
The spraying continued until dark.  I can't believe my iphone was still taking pics with no flash.








Here is the nest after he tried to pull it out of the brush.  It ripped, but you can see the eggs (white part) and the holes where eggs have already hatched.  In the bottom are all of the dead wasps.  I have a better picture below that I took Saturday morning in better light.










Saturday morning started bright and early with my crew of international workers :) LOL.  They were a good group of guys and worked very hard.  Their job was to clean out all of the grass that was left under the house when the foundation was poured, remove all debris, and level out the entire area.  Here are some before, during and after pictures and a few shots of the guys.

if you want to see more photos check out the Snapfish link on the sidebar.  I also installed the mailbox so I can now officially receive mail and I have uprooted some blackberries to replant so that the neighborhood doesn't lose the blackberries.  (All of my wonderful neighbors have been coming on my property for the past several years to pick my blackberries, but they will all be gone after I have the property graded.)

Oh yeah, while the guys were cleaning under the house, I was cleaning inside.  Before...
After...
And I removed a tree that was growing out of the foundation... NICE...
 

 
things are going well, now for some bigger stuff to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment