"...how much more shall the Heavenly Father give to them that ask."

Luke 11:1-13 "...how much more shall the Heavenly Father give to them that ask."

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Sunroom is gone

Well, I met my goal to get the sunroom demolition completed by this weekend... now to clean it all up!! :)

This is my friend Shawn.  He helped me finish taking off the flooring and piled up the joists as I cut them down.







All cut off!


Saw dust from head to toe... very itchy!

had to remove these bolts off the house side.  (this is where an LVL still has to go.)


the triple 2x10's are bolted into these steel beams

first set I had to cut to get started.  they are free but sitting on the concrete column... but not for long :)




1 down- 3 to go

the steel beams are bolted to a concrete pad.  So unbolt the bottom and the top and guess what you can do???



however, this beam was nailed to the house itself.  so after literally hanging on it, beating it with a sledge hammer and prying until I was wore out... I decide to go another route.


after I took the ledger board off the house, the final beam came down with ease :)



and there you have it!  I wish all of my sheeting looked as new as the spot where the sunroom was.  Oh well, hopefully it will pass the sheeting inspection.

No comments:

Post a Comment